Join us as we play with some Balls for a great cause at Oneball's lawn bowls league for its inaugural year and experience what it feels like to grip a non-spherical ball in one hand and a beer in the other. Hosted in Inglewood, within walking distance of several local micro breweries, it's going to be a time you don't want to miss!
Besides the opportunity to throw balls around a lawn and walk to a micro brewery within minutes, the league also provides:
- BBQ and a beer for each player every regular season night
- Weekly draw prizes
- Testicle Cup League Championship Trophy
2018 Team Registration
Registration and payment are due Monday, May 28. Teams can have a maximum of five players registered, however, only four players playing in one game. We encourage teams of five because summer in Calgary only lasts a few months and people want to vacation. For those fifth players taking their turn as the odd person out, there will be an extra lane for the "odd" fifth players who want to mingle with new people and play a fun game of bowls while the rest of their team plays in a scheduled league game.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your team added to the team registration waitlist and/or to sign-up for updates on weekly drop-in availability.
Can't fill a team? Sign up to be on a singles team (and we don't mean relationship status). If you and a couple of friends want to play on a singles team together, register separately and email email@example.com to let us know who you want to play with. Up to three people can request to be on the same team as each other.
when we ball
The 2018 season runs on Mondays from June 4 through to September. Regular season games are:
June 4, 11, 18, 25,
July 2, 16, 23, 30,
August 13, 20, 27.
Playoffs are on Saturday September 15 starting at 11:00 am
***Mondays of long weekends are not scheduled league play and games will be played on a drop-in basis. Also, there are no games scheduled for July 9 due to the "civic holiday" The Stampede.
You get two chances to win per night, so don't mess up your opportunity to be named league champs. BBQ at 6:00 p.m., with the first game at 7 p.m., and the second game at 8 p.m.
- Games are played 4-on-4. Teams are comprised of a skip, third (vice-skip), second and lead.
- The objective of lawn bowls is to score the most points by the end of the game. The team with the bowl(s) (big black ball) closest to the jack (small white ball) scores one point for each bowl closer to the jack than their opponent's closest bowl.
- Teams are required to keep their own scores and email the game outcomes to firstname.lastname@example.org after each evening of game play.
- Two games are played in a night. Games are comprised of five ends or one hour in length (whichever comes first).
- League play will determine playoff position. The winners of playoffs will be named league champions.
- Equipment will be provided.
- Each team is required to help clean up at the end of the night.
- BBQ and bevies will be provided each evening of scheduled league play.
Please note: liability waivers, rules and team schedules will be sent out before June.
Games are played at the Inglewood Lawn Bowling Club. The clubhouse will be opened at 6:00 p.m. each Monday night of league play.
Address: 1235 8 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0M6
Phone: (403) 263-1769
Header photo courtesy of Open Colleges https://www.opencolleges.edu.au/careers/blog/creative-ways-to-add-value-personal-training-clients